Hydrogen Fuel Cells – A Working Green Solution!
Hydrogen Fuel Cells are currently being implemented as fuel assist devices for diesel combustion engines. These fuel cells are:
1. Saving fuel.
2. Increasing power, or torque.
3. Decrease in emissions.
4. Engine running cooler.
5. Reduction in engine maintenance.
That means saving money, and in these economic times, we have a win-win situation.
The environment wins, and the consumer wins. Hydrogen fuel cell assist devices do this by creating a more efficient burn of the diesel fuel. This same technology may very well work for gasoline combustion engines as well, but I know it works with the diesel engines.
A simple fuel cell can be made by doing the following:
• Fill a small glass jar about 3/4 full of water.
• Dissolve a teaspoon of baking soda in the water. The baking soda will help conduct the electricity through the water.
• Put a thin piece of cardboard over the opening of the jar.
• Insert into the cardboard 2 thin electrical wires about 2 inches apart in a manner such that one end of each of the wires is submerged 2 to 3 inches.
• Wrap the other ends of the wires around the positive and negative terminals of a 9-volt battery. Bubbles will soon begin to accumulate on the submerged ends of the wires. Hydrogen gas on the negative wire and oxygen on the positive wire.
This is a simple way you can build your own fuel cell, and create fuel cell energy!
• CAUTION: Hydrogen and Oxygen are extremely explosive. Do not trap it for a period of time, and then ignite it. If you are determined to ignite to prove its existence, protect yourself from the loud noise and possible explosion.
However, many people can demonstrate the production of hydrogen through this simple alkaline bath process, and many people are moving this simple technology forward in a more robust way, but… they are not getting consistent, long term results when using the alkalyzer for splitting off the hydrogen and oxygen from the water.
Others that I am aware of are getting consistent results with the processes they are using. A simplification of the process is… electricity from the battery in, hydrogen and oxygen out, with nothing more than pure distilled water as the fuel. Inject these two gases separately into the air intake of an internal combustion diesel engine “on demand.
No hydrogen storage tank problems.
No safety issues. This fuel cell is only producing hydrogen when the engine is running.
Result: about 17% power increase. Emissions lowered dramatically. Fuel savings of 20 to 30 percent.
This is not as “green” a solution, but it is real, and is happening. It becomes a huge problem for “Big Oil” if this technology continues beyond fuel assist devices. How do you sell distilled water at the fuel bowser?
A lot more research and development is needed to get the consistent results from this green technology, but there are those that have at least figured it out with the diesel engines.It appears that your web host has disabled all functions for handling remote pages and as a result the BackLinks software will not function on your web page. Please contact your web host for more information.